Glad to see Mexico is off to a much better start than otl. Although I think Iturrigaray would have turned down the chace to be Emperor because of his age, the stresses of the transitioning New Spain to the Mexican Empire, and legitimacy in the eyes of European powers.

Last edited:
Glad seeing this back! Hopefully this Mexico can be way more stable and prosperous as well as being able to stand against the US
Considering how a big part of Mexico's early problems spawned from the fact it was utterly wrecked by the war of independence... yeah. 😎
Glad to see Mexico is off to a much better start than otl. Although I think Iturrigaray would have turned down the chace to be Emperor because of his age, the stresses of the transitioning New Spain to the Mexican Empire, and legitimacy in the eyes of European powers.
Mexico is basically facing the same hurdle it did IOTL when it looked for a monarch: no European princes were available, IOTL because Spain did not recognize its independence, and ITTL because the Napoleonic Wars are still going on. Iturrigaray does, unlike Iturbide, have more legitimacy among his subjects, and as for his age, that's what ministries are for.

Considering how a big part of Mexico's early problems spawned from the fact it was utterly wrecked by the war of independence... yeah. 😎

Mexico is basically facing the same hurdle it did IOTL when it looked for a monarch: no European princes were available, IOTL because Spain did not recognize its independence, and ITTL because the Napoleonic Wars are still going on. Iturrigaray does, unlike Iturbide, have more legitimacy among his subjects, and as for his age, that's what ministries are for.
And to be fair, Spain would likely still not recognize its independence even with the Napoleonic Wars still going on at this time. Nonetheless, I can see Iturrigaray spending the remainder of his days seeking to build that legitimacy, both among his subjects and in the international scene...not bad for a son of Basque merchants.

I hope for a successful Mexican Empire or even a stronger Mexico in general because I'd like to have the US not be as strong OTL and want to kill/stop the United States' "Manifest Destiny" from existing...

Last edited: