Zionism in New York: A Jewish home

Without any evidence, I find it hard to believe that none of the Jewish communities in eastern Europe did not include farmers ...or at least agricultural workers. I understood that a lot of these places were very rural.

There are farmers and there are farmers.

Without any evidence, I find it hard to believe that none of the Jewish communities in eastern Europe did not include farmers ...or at least agricultural workers. I understood that a lot of these places were very rural.
There were Jewish farmers in Eastern Europe, they just weren’t the majority/plurality. I recall my hometown being famous for being a place for a Jewish farmers to settle in the late 1800s/early 1900s.
in fact the most famous fictional one was a dairy farmer.
And at the end of the story he and his family migrate to New York City as did most Eastern European Jews during that time period who ended up coming to America so does it really matter anyway?

There were Jewish farmers in Eastern Europe, they just weren’t the majority/plurality. I recall my hometown being famous for being a place for a Jewish farmers to settle in the late 1800s/early 1900s.

And at the end of the story he and his family migrate to New York City as did most Eastern European Jews during that time period who ended up coming to America so does it really matter anyway?
not particularly.

I thought that the vast majority of any Immigrants from Europe to the US at the time went through NY anyway.Then moved on once the formalities were done.

...can you please expand and enlighten me on that one ?

It will be short; European farmers had a wealth of different categories depend on whether they own or rent land, how much land they have, how productive it is, what they farm, whether they can live solely of farming, and how long their family have lived in the region in question.

Jews in the Pale did farm in the sense of having kitchen gardens and a few chickens and cows, but the shtetl economy was based mainly on villages of tradesmen serving the nearby peasants. Similar arrangements existed in some other parts of the world, for instance Morocco and Yemen. The common denominator is that Jews were heavily restricted from owning or renting agricultural land.

In places and times where Jews could own freehold land, some did farm, and it was particularly common to have vineyards due to the rules governing ritual wine.
New York is the wrong city, but the idea of a Jewish city state have always been an interesting idea.
There have been a number of cities which had Jewish majorities or were thought of as Jewish by neighboring people - Lunel in medieval times, Thessaloniki and Odesa and Bialystok in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It would be hard for any of them to emerge as city-states, though - maybe Thessaloniki during a fragmentation of the Ottoman Empire would be least hard.