The VT-BAM project

The way I read it Dombes/Ain are part of Bresse and therefore Savoyard until 1601.
Franc - Lyonnais I will show separately as fief of the HRE
Britannica says about Dombes "After 1378 it was under the nominal authority of the kings of France but was actually ruled as an independent principality by the Bourbon family. Francis I of France seized it from the Bourbons in 1523, and, although Dombes was later restored to the House of Bourbon-Montpensier (1561), it ultimately returned to the French crown in 1762."

Francis I of France seized it from the Bourbons in 1523, and, although Dombes was later restored to the House of Bourbon-Montpensier (1561), it ultimately returned to the French crown in 1762
OK, the French refer to it as independent but occupied in 1560
4.png

FojdMib.png

Nearly finished but I would appreciate ANY refinements that might be suggested.

"In 1516, Selim I incorporated the beylik into the Ottoman Empire after his conquest of the Mamluk state. The beys of Ramadanids held the administration of the Ottoman sanjak of Adana in a hereditary manner until 1608, with the last 92 years as a vassal of the Ottomans."

I think small Georgian states like Imereti, Samegrelo, Guria and Principality of Abhazia (excluding Turkish fortress of Suhum-Kale) should be shown as autonomous too

Last edited:

"In 1516, Selim I incorporated the beylik into the Ottoman Empire after his conquest of the Mamluk state. The beys of Ramadanids held the administration of the Ottoman sanjak of Adana in a hereditary manner until 1608, with the last 92 years as a vassal of the Ottomans."

I think small Georgian states like Imereti, Samegrelo, Guria and Principality of Abhazia (excluding Turkish fortress of Suhum-Kale) should be shown as autonomous too
If this had been 50 years earlier I would have it as a Vassal but, as it was incorporated I consider the Ramadanids more as governors than vassals.

I think the split down into 3 autonomous areas covers the situation pretty well. That area is more like the old Persian Empire BC where the states remain independent but acknowledge suzerainty of an overlord.

Barring any major issues this is the finished VT Bam Map of 1560
7A5lRib.png

If this had been 50 years earlier I would have it as a Vassal but, as it was incorporated I consider the Ramadanids more as governors than vassals.

I think the split down into 3 autonomous areas covers the situation pretty well. That area is more like the old Persian Empire BC where the states remain independent but acknowledge suzerainty of an overlord.

7A5lRib.png
Congragulations.

This is some top-notch work, congrats on finishing it!

Hello, ive been recently following this project, and im wondering if its still active, im always waiting for new update releases for administrative divisions, because im working on a population density project myself. A higher detail of divisions is always better.

The HRE = 2 hours research for each pixel
Lubeck has some exclaves called Hospitaldörfer in Mecklenburg around Wismar and on Poel Island which they kept until 1803 Reichsdeputationshauptschluss and exchanged for Mecklenburg claims on the Priwall Peninsula :)

Lubeck has some exclaves called Hospitaldörfer in Mecklenburg around Wismar and on Poel Island which they kept until 1803 Reichsdeputationshauptschluss and exchanged for Mecklenburg claims on the Priwall Peninsula :)
Well... as always I'd like to express my premature condolences for anybody setting out to do the task of mapping the HRE at max-Kleinstaaterei.

so ive been avoiding logging in, but i still like mapsso ive been lurking on this sub-forum.

those subkingdoms on the border should eat deeper into what is now modernwales. not sure on the exacts but this is innacurate. maybe start by looking into the dykes? i know the modern border is a very specific product of how the anglo/cambro-norman marcher lords were integrated into the county system.
Is this better?

vtmerciacorrect.png

Hello, is there an available 2nd administrative division map of brazil, aswell as northern africa?, im implying the ones created in the VT-BAM project.

Last edited: