And let the good times roll.

I wonder how the dubbing scene's going to be handled going forward since Funimation's yet to take the slate.

I would still like to see the Buu saga, if in slightly altered form. (After all Toriyama never intended to end the series at Cell. That's been debunked as a myth... however, since this is your universe, I guess Toriyama thought otherwise.)

Last edited:
btw, if you're interested, you can help me with the sagas for the Sonic Manga/Anime of the 1990s-Present
If it's part of a DM, invite me too. I think I may or may not have an idea for the manga.
This is giving me Man's Best Friend vibes... and I LOVE it!
I don't know much about that TL so can you give me a basic rundown for it?
Well, it's a Nickelodeon-centric TL where Kurt Cobain writes a song for a episode of The Ren & Stimpy Show, resulting in a RADICALLY different 1990s.
AYO @THE KINGFISH Yo TL was mentioned!
Next Update for the TL will come soon, I will just work some on my EG before I work on the next update
Can't wait.

I wonder how the dubbing scene's going to be handled going forward since Funimation's yet to take the slate.

I would still like to see the Buu saga, if in slightly altered form. (After all Toriyama never intended to end the series at Cell. That's been debunked as a myth... however, since this is your universe, I guess Toriyama thought otherwise.)
Funimation doesn't exist yet as of 1993, but Dragon Ball Z and Sonic would be a huge 2-punch for Toonami.

Well, Buu is still happening. Toriyama is right now considering on doing the Sonic Manga and is coming up with basic design ideas and story ideas for it while putting focus on ending Z with Buu. The rumor that was leaked said he was a few years away from ending the Manga.

Mind if I shoot you some ideas via DM then?
Yeah, just invite me if you already have a DM unless we're using the DM we already have.
Well, Buu is still happening. Toriyama is right now considering on doing the Sonic Manga and is coming up with basic design ideas and story ideas for it while putting focus on ending Z with Buu. The rumor that was leaked said he was a few years away from ending the Manga.
Right.

First thing to discuss is how now that toriyama sensei is writing for sonic how similar will the casts personalities be to the dragonball characters?

Sonic was revealed to the gaming world in 1991 in same year the super saiyan form debuted in the manga, the Next year sonic 2 was released with the super sonic form making it's first in game appearence. This has lead to fans thinking that super sonic is ripping off super saiyan goku with the only difference being eye color with super sonic's being red and goku's being blue(though this would change in frontiers) And this would go for all the other male hedgehog characters as well.

Shadow and vegeta are both prideful, arrogant, anti heroic rivals to the main character. they both started out as villains who became good and sacrificed themselves at some point only to comeback later. Silver and trunks are both the final heroes left in a future timeline left and goes back in time to defeat their foes who they couldn't stop before and lost people they care about(blaze and future Gohan). I feel like these similarities and more will become more obvious now that dragonball's creator is now writing for sonic.

Sekhmet_D

Kicked
First thing to discuss is how now that toriyama sensei is writing for sonic how similar will the casts personalities be to the dragonball characters?
I like the parallels you draw between Shadow/Vegeta and Silver/Trunks, although that which you draw between Super Sonic/Super Saiyan is particularly ingenious. One could also compare Eggman and his forces to Dr Gero and the Red Ribbon Army.

Honestly, however, I see a Toriyama-helmed Sonic absorbing a lot of Dr Slump influences as well, if not more so. We could wind up seeing something of Arale's sense of childlike wonderment and occasional mischievousness in Tails for instance.

Sonic was revealed to the gaming world in 1991 in same year the super saiyan form debuted in the manga, the Next year sonic 2 was released with the super sonic form making it's first in game appearence. This has lead to fans thinking that super sonic is ripping off super saiyan goku with the only difference being eye color with super sonic's being red and goku's being blue(though this would change in frontiers) And this would go for all the other male hedgehog characters as well.

Shadow and vegeta are both prideful, arrogant, anti heroic rivals to the main character. they both started out as villains who became good and sacrificed themselves at some point only to comeback later. Silver and trunks are both the final heroes left in a future timeline left and goes back in time to defeat their foes who they couldn't stop before and lost people they care about(blaze and future Gohan). I feel like these similarities and more will become more obvious now that dragonball's creator is now writing for sonic.
I like the parallels you draw between Shadow/Vegeta and Silver/Trunks, although that which you draw between Super Sonic/Super Saiyan is particularly ingenious. One could also compare Eggman and his forces to Dr Gero and the Red Ribbon Army.

Honestly, however, I see a Toriyama-helmed Sonic absorbing a lot of Dr Slump influences as well, if not more so. We could wind up seeing something of Arale's sense of childlike wonderment and occasional mischievousness in Tails for instance.
Those are great ideas!
I was going to reveal the details of the Manga agreement in a later update but SEGA gives Toriyama a free hand with only three conditions : Canon Characters/Characters who have appeared in the games already need to maintain their personalities they have from the games, the Manga takes place in a different universe from past and future games and shows/films, and the original characters created for the Manga/Anime are the intellectual copyright of SEGA first and foremost and therefore, SEGA has the right to use these characters in future Sonic games without permission from their creator be it Toriyama or someone else, all of which Toriyama understands and agrees to (the third thing is to prevent a situation like Penders from ever happening).

As for characters, as I said, they will be primarily the same but some things will be changed (for example, Toriyama decides to make Super forms (and the forms beyond them) tied to extreme emotions (I. E. Fleetway) while the Chaos Emeralds creates Hyper Sonic and the Super Emeralds create what will be known as Super Hyper Sonic and will do that for Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Blaze, and Silver among others. Meanwhile, other characters will definitely appear (Uncle Chuck, Rosy the Rascal, Scourge, Sally Acorn, Sonia, Manic, Surge, Black Doom, Mephiles, Iblis, Solaris, the End, Infinite, the Time Eater, etc, etc) alongside a certain creepypasta who is quite big in Sonic. He will also explore the true origins of Sonic quite a bit, so be prepared for that as well.

In the meantime, with all this info, for those who haven't interacted with me yet via DMs, any guesses on what the romances of the Manga will be, since Toriyama, completely unbound outside of the three basic rules for him, will have that be a big focus for him in the Manga along with the Shonen side of the Manga with big fights and battles.

There are other parallels between other characters, like How Amy and chi chi are both the main characters aggressive girlfriend and wife or knuckles and piccolo, former rivals who come from a clan or race that are connected to the chaos emeralds and Dragon Ball's respectively. Tails is an amalgamation of krillin, kid gohan and bulma, he's the main character's best friend, main backup and support who grows stronger over time(at least until colors) and is a genius inventor. You mentimentioned eggman being inspired by Dr gero and the red Ribbon army but there's also a little bit of frieza in there at leadtbin terms of the hover craft they both ride in(which is weird that frieza needs one sense he like almost al dbz characters can fly anyway) and I can see toriyama giving eggman henchmen similar dedoria, zarbon and the ginyu force.

There are other parallels between other characters, like How Amy and chi chi are both the main characters aggressive girlfriend and wife or knuckles and piccolo, former rivals who come from a clan or race that are connected to the chaos emeralds and Dragon Ball's respectively. Tails is an amalgamation of krillin, kid gohan and bulma, he's the main character's best friend, main backup and support who grows stronger over time(at least until colors) and is a genius inventor. You mentimentioned eggman being inspired by Dr gero and the red Ribbon army but there's also a little bit of frieza in there at leadtbin terms of the hover craft they both ride in(which is weird that frieza needs one sense he like almost al dbz characters can fly anyway) and I can see toriyama giving eggman henchmen similar dedoria, zarbon and the ginyu force.
There are some differences then, like Amy is a major fan girl compared to Chi-Chi (Amy, iirc, was made to directly parody the fangirl trope and her alternate universe equivalent, Rosy the Rascal, I think highlights this fact and unlike Chi-Chi, who tried to tame Goku, Sonic's free spirit and distaste for being tied down is something Amy loves in canon (oh and Sonic would probably not be as bone headed as Goku), Knuckles is much more respectful and friendly to Sonic then Piccolo to Goku. For Eggman/Dr. Ivo Robotnik, he certainly has a lot of potential henchmen already at his beck and call : Cubot, Orbot, Metal Sonic, the Shadow Androids that were never used outside of a brief appearance in ShtH (2005), etc, etc (and believe me, I have plans for the Shadroids considering they are a good idea that was never touched once).

Anyway, hope you like the comment I gave.

but some things will be changed (for example, Toriyama decides to make Super forms (and the forms beyond them) tied to extreme emotions (I. E. Fleetway) while the Chaos Emeralds creates Hyper Sonic and the Super Emeralds create what will be known as Super Hyper Sonic and will do that for Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Blaze, and Silver among others.
…This seems at least a little overly convoluted, but OK.

For Eggman/Dr. Ivo Robotnik, he certainly has a lot of potential henchmen already at his beck and call : Cubot, Orbot, Metal Sonic, the Shadow Androids that were never used outside of a brief appearance in ShtH (2005), etc, etc
Plus Bocoe, Decoe, and Bokkun if you wanted to dip into Sonic X for material, to name a few.

Uncle Chuck
Wait, Chuck Thorndyke? As in Chris Thorndyke's grandpa? Or do you mean one of the other Chucks from the various Sonic continuities? (Addending edit: No, you must mean the latter, for this Chuck to be someone's uncle, not their grandpa.)

(…You can tell that watching Sonic X on Saturday mornings was a non-trivially large part of my childhood. Series 2/season 3's a bit of a glorious hot mess, though.)

This seems at least a little overly convoluted, but OK.
It may seem convoluted but Super Forms I think Toriyama would want to connect to emotions for a lot of reasons and Fleetway already gave the blueprint for it so it can work in a sense.

Plus Bocoe, Decoe, and Bokkun if you wanted to dip into Sonic X for material, to name a few.
Sonic X, Sonic SatAm, Underground, Adventures, etc, etc will have chars appear, including Cosmo, Eclipse the Darkling, and Sally

Wait, Chuck Thorndyke? As in Chris Thorndyke's grandpa? Or do you mean one of the other Chucks from the various Sonic continuities? (Addending edit: No, you must mean the latter, for this Chuck to be someone's uncle, not their grandpa.)

(…You can tell that watching Sonic X on Saturday mornings was a non-trivially large part of my childhood. Series 2/season 3's a bit of a glorious hot mess, though.)
No, I meant Uncle Chuck, aka Sir Charles Hedgehog, from SatAM and Sonic's only biological family left.

Any guesses for the romance in the series?

I was going to reveal the details of the Manga agreement in a later update but SEGA gives Toriyama a free hand with only three conditions : Canon Characters/Characters who have appeared in the games already need to maintain their personalities they have from the games, the Manga takes place in a different universe from past and future games and shows/films, and the original characters created for the Manga/Anime are the intellectual copyright of SEGA first and foremost and therefore, SEGA has the right to use these characters in future Sonic games without permission from their creator be it Toriyama or someone else, all of which Toriyama understands and agrees to (the third thing is to prevent a situation like Penders from ever happening).

As for characters, as I said, they will be primarily the same but some things will be changed (for example, Toriyama decides to make Super forms (and the forms beyond them) tied to extreme emotions (I. E. Fleetway) while the Chaos Emeralds creates Hyper Sonic and the Super Emeralds create what will be known as Super Hyper Sonic and will do that for Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Blaze, and Silver among others. Meanwhile, other characters will definitely appear (Uncle Chuck, Rosy the Rascal, Scourge, Sally Acorn, Sonia, Manic, Surge, Black Doom, Mephiles, Iblis, Solaris, the End, Infinite, the Time Eater, etc, etc) alongside a certain creepypasta who is quite big in Sonic. He will also explore the true origins of Sonic quite a bit, so be prepared for that as well.

In the meantime, with all this info, for those who haven't interacted with me yet via DMs, any guesses on what the romances of the Manga will be, since Toriyama, completely unbound outside of the three basic rules for him, will have that be a big focus for him in the Manga along with the Shonen side of the Manga with big fights and battles.
I really like this. Wait........Hidden CD32X Infinite Fun Sonic is canon ITTL?
There are some differences then, like Amy is a major fan girl compared to Chi-Chi (Amy, iirc, was made to directly parody the fangirl trope and her alternate universe equivalent, Rosy the Rascal, I think highlights this fact and unlike Chi-Chi, who tried to tame Goku, Sonic's free spirit and distaste for being tied down is something Amy loves in canon (oh and Sonic would probably not be as bone headed as Goku), Knuckles is much more respectful and friendly to Sonic then Piccolo to Goku. For Eggman/Dr. Ivo Robotnik, he certainly has a lot of potential henchmen already at his beck and call : Cubot, Orbot, Metal Sonic, the Shadow Androids that were never used outside of a brief appearance in ShtH (2005), etc, etc (and believe me, I have plans for the Shadroids considering they are a good idea that was never touched once).

Anyway, hope you like the comment I gave.
I like this.

Sonic.exe?

I really don't know.........
Tbf, while the creepypasta itself was... mediocre at best, people have done a lot to really improve upon what exe laid out as a basic framework. For example, the entity possessing Sonic is now known as Lord X and is described as a being of pure negative energy that seeks to rule over both our dimension and Sonic's. He has also been given God like status as in he has the abilities of Gods (it seems that the only one in Sonic's verse who vaguely poses a threat is Shadow who he really can't break no matter what he does (though Shadow has not been given any game or story with Lord X so far so it's really up in the air) while he has a love of torturing everyone else, like poor Amy). This video explains it better than I could :